Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ugh. Just ugh.

So my right eye is almost swollen shut (we're not sure why, but the doctor doesn't seem to be too worried about it), and that sucks. And the suture site where my hickman is (the chest catheter port thingie) is really sore, too. And I'm itchy. And........I get more chemo today! I get the Etopocide today. Apparently it comes in bags, and I'll be on it for the next 36 hours straight.



I know I shouldn't be but I'm just apprehensive about the whole chemo thing because the last time I had it (the Cytarabin or however you spell it) I was basically useless for 2.5 days. Like I'd sleep the ENTIRE day/night. I hope that's not the case this time, as I'd like to continue blogging and soforth. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see! How I feel will also determine when I chop off my hair, so we'll have to play that by ear.

As for now, I'm really hungry and eagerly awaiting my Honey Nut Cheerios and milk. It's the little things in life, right? I'll be back later (hopefully today, if not then within the next few) with more pics and tales of my exciting adventures. Oh, and thank you to everyone for the beautiful cards - they're so pretty and make my room even more homey.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Jess. :(
    I hope so much that chemo side effects go easy on you and you bounce back right away. You have the most beautiful attitude about everything, and I know you WILL kick leukemia's ass so hard it'll leave a shoe mark!!!

    I'm sending you the best of vibes and you are always in my thoughts,! (That sounds kind of creepy, but I don't mean it in a I'm-in-your-window-right-now kind of way!!)

    Much love,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun..ughhhhh! Stay strong and call if you need ANYTHING! We luv u and Brady and Alex send biggggg kisses MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this!!!! You have an amazing attitude and that is what will bring you through all this. No presure on keeping up. You just make sure you take care of yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only are you a fighter, but now you look like one with that swollen eye.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.