I'M LEAVING!!!!
Now I don't get to go HOME - I have to stay in family housing across the street (which some of you know well) and I'm still neutropenic so I have to wear my little white mask everywhere, but I'm OUT OF HERE! My neutrophil count is at 20 (it was 0, then it was 10, then 0 again for a few days, now it's 20 and it'll probably be 0 again tomorrow), but they said the way it works is that you get a few neutrophils, they go away, you get a few more, they go away, and then WHAM! BAM! you get lots of them, and I should have 500 (my minimum) within a week or so. Because the doctor that gave me this info is MY doctor (not just the attending), he's the definitive word, so I get to GO!
I'm so excited to just do normal human stuff - they said I can wear my mask and go to Whole Foods, so I can buy real people food and cook it in the kitchen, I won't be attached to R2-D2 so I can walk around like a normal human being, I won't be poked and prodded in the middle of the night, etc. I mean it won't be exciting and I don't get to see my babies - but anything is better than being stuck in here. I will miss my nurses (99% of them hehe), they're amazing - and I'll miss the instant gratification thing they've got going on here (i.e. I press a button, tell them I have a headache and oxycodone magically appears on my bedside table), and it's going to be a weird, slow transition after a month (well, it's been a total of 30 days so far) of being inpatient, but I'm up for the challenge. :)
UGGGGGHHHHHHH I'M OUTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE!
ETA: For some reason the fireworks gif stopped working, so I replaced it. :)
I'm so excited to just do normal human stuff - they said I can wear my mask and go to Whole Foods, so I can buy real people food and cook it in the kitchen, I won't be attached to R2-D2 so I can walk around like a normal human being, I won't be poked and prodded in the middle of the night, etc. I mean it won't be exciting and I don't get to see my babies - but anything is better than being stuck in here. I will miss my nurses (99% of them hehe), they're amazing - and I'll miss the instant gratification thing they've got going on here (i.e. I press a button, tell them I have a headache and oxycodone magically appears on my bedside table), and it's going to be a weird, slow transition after a month (well, it's been a total of 30 days so far) of being inpatient, but I'm up for the challenge. :)
UGGGGGHHHHHHH I'M OUTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE!
ETA: For some reason the fireworks gif stopped working, so I replaced it. :)


Awesome! G and I are thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteDear Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI continue to be amazed at your upbeat attitude and strength that I'll bet you never realized you had.
Good for you, and just keep it going!
I know, too, that you are anxious to get out of there, so my thoughts and wishes will be concentrated on that, too.
I think it is very prophetic that your birthday next month coincides with the first day of Passover. That to me is a very positive sign, because Passover is the celebration of freedom. Go for it!
Meanwhile, I plan to participate in the Light the Night Walk to support LLS.
More later…
Love you much,
Grandma
YAY!!
ReplyDeleteThe fireworks are the perfect expression!
XOXO
Cousin Marsh
George, Gracie and I couldn't be happier for you!
ReplyDeleteCan I come see you at the new joint? When do you get go home-home?
ReplyDeleteThat is so wonderful and I am so happy to hear that you will get to live in a real room in a real house with a real kitchen!
ReplyDeleteOops that last post was from Julia... don't know why this says Alan... but just know that he says the exact same thing anyway.
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!! I'm so proud of you and your bone marrow. Keep those little WBC's coming!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! Yay Jess!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! That's great news!
ReplyDeleteBest news we could have! Way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Myra and Uncle Don
OUTSTANDING! I sure hope that your halfway housing has internet. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing your voice each evening. You're very brave, and I expect to read about your adventures behind your mask as you venture out again. Take care "Kee Mo Sabe".
ReplyDelete---Love, Cousin John[ny]
oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just saw this after tech in baltimore and i know where you will be since i have been driving by it and will be all week...so if you need a little crazy - just text and i will run over! i miss you
ReplyDeleteJessica!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful news!! So happy to hear
of your freedom regained!!!
Love,
Carole Ann
So sad I still can't see you, but happy you're "out"!
ReplyDeleteHOORAY FOR YOU JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable in your latest shot -- love that smile. Kisses to you and your Mom.
LOVE YOU, Cousin Peggy