...bone marrow transplants are a good thing. Like the remission rate is higher and longer than if I just did regular chemo. I tried looking for "official" info (because everything on the internet is true), but I'm tired and not willing to sift through stuff at the moment. But apparently with a transplant the new cells completely repopulate your marrow, so your own marrow doesn't have to do the work. This is what Deborah tells me, and she's smart and a scientist, so I believe her. :) And with 180 possible matches (this is if KK isn't a match), the doctor said he can find "the perfect match" for me (like Eharmony, but for bone marrow), which pretty much means I won't get GVHD (graft versus host disease). Which is a good thing.
If nothing else I'll have great teeth after this - I have to brush after every meal and snack, and Gus and Deb just brought me goodies from Whole Foods, so now I have to go brush again after my Cheerio treat.
And I did 17 minutes on the treadmill today, rockin' out to "Julia's Rockin' Dance Mix". Hopefully I can keep that up, they say it's really important to walk/exercise whenever you can.
More later - I've got more pictures to post (one of the melted Jesus statue which is a really funny story) plus I need ideas for my treadmill playlists, so I'll be back later. Besides, I missed last week's episode of Lost and don't want to ruin it and watch tonight's new episode, so, well, yeah.
Love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jess,
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you are doing more laps than all of us together. Keep the good job honey...
Love,
Gladys
hey there - i have been a downloading fiend! and burnin' some cd's for you
ReplyDeleteRock on for the other 180 possible matches (if KK isn't a match). If you look at it in a Jew-y way, the number 18 is a really good thing. The word for life in Hebrew is chai, and the two Hebrew letters that make up chai add up to 18. It is considered to be a good luck, good blessing type of thing to have the number 18, or denominations of 18 around you. So there... Jew blessings are upon you.
ReplyDeleteTo all: This is Jessica's Mom. Today is Thursday, March 5th. Jess asked me to let you all know that between an over-enthusiastic pain medication and the chemo, she slept most of the day but she's fine and didn't want you guys to worry about her.
ReplyDeleteHopefully she'll be back on her blog tomorrow and will be able to catch up. Of course she sends her love to all you wonderful people!
Ilene
Hi Jessica,
ReplyDeleteIt's Mrs. Katz. It's been a long time, but your parents have kept me up to date on everything you've been doing. I even saw your wedding album which is beautiful. My husband Dan and your Dad are friends from the airport. I'm impressed by your courage and your humor as shown on this blog. I'll be following along as you continue your posts. Our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. (Btw, Fermat's Enigma is a blog I do with my math students). Remember the math?!!! :)