Friday, March 20, 2009

platelets look like orange juice

It's true. They look like orange juice, and it's a weird feeling to watch them go into my body. And today I had a reaction to them and got hives so yay platelets! I'm not having a snazzy day, apparently.

But here's what platelets look like, in case you were curious (I stole the pic from someone's else's blog):



Gross.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jess. At least the reaction didn't result from last night's cheese pizza! So glad you're feeling better and well enough to chew actual food. I've become a pretty good pizza maker recently (thanks to my sister-in-law Janice's helpful advice). The best ones thus far were artichoke hearts with chicken sausage or the wild mushroom version (both of course with delicious red sauce and assorted cheeses). Next time you're in CA I will make whatever you like -be creative.

    Thinking about you all the time and sending you all my good vibes. Really enjoy reading your blog!

    Love, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww... it does kind of look like OJ. But if it were OJ it would definitely be the OJ marked "heavy pulp." This style is commonly referred to as "Homestyle" or "Grovestand." When you think about it, platelets are a little like our bodies pulp...?... role with me on this. Everyone knows that pulp free OJ tastes a lot better. Pulpy OJ or "Grovestand" is nasty and gets stuck in your teeth, but in the end I am pretty sure that the pulpier OJ has more of the stuff that will make us healthy. Let's hear it for "Grovestand!" I mean Platelets... let's hear it for platelets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gross looking, aren't they? Next time they might pre-treat you with Benadryl to prevent a reaction, but they know best.

    Ready for clam chowder yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that Julia. I heart PULPY juice. Actually the best juice is fresh squeezed.

    I'm not really sure what platelets are...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy clotting! :) That's a cLOT of platelets! Ahhhhh....ahhh? Jeesh, tough crowd! Wocka wocka?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking happy Jessica thoughts. 9 days and counting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Memories!!!
    Platelets are definitely good stuff and all natural too. Sounds like they're building you up for your soon to be escape.
    ---Cousin John[ny]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica,
    We have been following your blog and your progress. We are praying that you continue to get encouraging test results. It is so apparent from reading your entries and comments from your friends and family that you have a wonderful support system. Keep up the good work. You, Gus and your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Love, Uncle Mike and Aunt Barb (Cincinnati, OH)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just realized that is totally golden yellow by rit dye - you need to write them and tell them to rename it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jess
    I wanted to let you know that Michael and I have been following your blog faithfully. We feel like we are laughing and crying with you.
    Sending lots of love and good thoughts to you always.
    Cousin Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.