Thursday, March 19, 2009

more LtN info + updates

So the donation thingie on the Light the Night walk website is still really confusing, but I've figured out a way for things to just remain smoothest - go to this website:

Our Team Homepage

And under "donate to our team" put in your dollar amount and click "donate now". Please let any friends/family know that this is the easiest way to donate; things get weird when you start clicking on individual names, and since we're a team, no one gets individual dollar amount recognition, so we may as well make it easier and donate directly to our team.

If you'd like to join the walk, go to that same website and under "join our team now" click on "join".

As far as me, I had a so-so day - I feel okay, but the doc said I'd be here "about 10 more days" this morning and I lost my cool. I want out NOW. NOW! But Gus got here earlier than planned and we watched some DVDs and got a takeout pizza for dinner (very exciting), so I'm feeling a bit better. Not about the 10 day thing, but just in general (and I'm full of cheese pizza, which is always a plus).

So I'll be out before my birthday, but I can't make any exciting reservations at any exciting restaurants yet because I have no idea how I'll be feeling. But I'm planning on feeling fantastic. :)

And just for fun, because this video gets me EVERY time (I can watch this over and over), here's "printer cat" for everyone's enjoyment:




See y'all later!

9 comments:

  1. Jess - I have obviously offended Google, as it has decided that I don't exist, they don't recognize my name, my password is invalid, etc. After 3+ weeks of getting on your blog and actually sending messages my feelings are hurt! So, the last 3 posts I tried to send wound up somewhere in cyberspace, but never to you. Lord only knows if this one will go through.

    Eating pizza - sounds like the mouth sores are pretty much history. Good news.

    10 more days sounds like a life sentence right now, but consider how many you have put behind you. Hang in there, love, and it will be but a blur before your eyes.

    OK, cross you fingers that I am back in the good graces of Google.

    Love, Aunt Myra

    ReplyDelete
  2. great video. where'd you get it?
    How's the mouth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - YIPPEE! No longer a non-person.

    Aunt Myra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jess,..,. Just wanted you to know that the Printer Cat Video came from Cousin Mike in Wisconsin. I must have watched it 5 times thinking that the cat knows more than I do about the printer! DAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some day you and Gus will come to our apartment and see printer dog in real life! AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff and I love Printer Cat almost as much as we love Jess. Think positively...10 day count down. Unless you have had some unwanted surgeries you can count that on two hands.
    Love you-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 days should just about get you home for the 'Final Four' in the NCAA Tournament.
    Way to go UCLA tonight! Way to go cousin Jess! Have a great Friday!
    ---cousin John[ny]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always find it helps me to try and put things in perspective. Even though this sucks for you right now, what's 10 days compared to the many cancer-free years of good health lying ahead for you? Not much as far as I am concerned.

    Lots of love,
    Surrogate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess, You're a short timer now soldier. Around 10 days until you ETS. Hell, you'll be home in time to see the next American Idol on your own TV at home!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.