This is the beautiful glass hallway that attaches the Weinberg Center (where I am) to the rest of the hospital.

Apparently there is some construction going on at Hopkins, and well, Jack Hammer here can tell you all about it. But I think someone didn't like his tone - check out his left hand:
Here's the original Hopkins dome. I tried looking up info on it, but got lazy and couldn't find any. It's old. And kinda pretty. That's Jesus's head there at the bottom.
The Melted Jesus Statue story! So apparently this big Jesus statue was originally made of clay. His arms were reaching towards the sky, but the clay melted, and now they're reaching towards the floor - kind of like he's hugging everyone. After the statue had melted they redid it in marble, so now he's stable. I thought it was such an interesting story! It's a beautiful statue, and the way he's situated in the dome is really nice. People were leaving flowers at his feet.


Just so you can get an idea of how big the statue is - Deborah touched Jesus's toe. It's a really big statue!


'Fraid that's all I got from our adventures. I'll post more later - at least I'm awake today! Which reminds me:
DISCLAIMER
Sometimes I may not post for a day - I'm fine, and look in the comments section for updates from my parents. Yesterday I was just completely knocked out from the OxyCodone and chemo. But today I'm antsy and awake and craving junk food - it's so day-to-day right now, which is why I've been denying visitors. I just never know when I'm going to feel great or sleep through an entire day.
Oh, and just a parting thought - my nurse (who is hysterical, I'll have to try to get photos of all of my nurses) just told me, "You're the cutest patient we have in the unit!" and I said, "Isn't everyone else old?" and she was like, "Uh........kinda?" HAHAHA
ETA: I have 2 more photos and I totally forgot to post them! The first is of me and a dude in a painting (I'm sure he's a really important and amazing guy, I'm just not sure of his name) with R2. We're throwing our "signs" (the peace sign).
Oh, and just a parting thought - my nurse (who is hysterical, I'll have to try to get photos of all of my nurses) just told me, "You're the cutest patient we have in the unit!" and I said, "Isn't everyone else old?" and she was like, "Uh........kinda?" HAHAHA
ETA: I have 2 more photos and I totally forgot to post them! The first is of me and a dude in a painting (I'm sure he's a really important and amazing guy, I'm just not sure of his name) with R2. We're throwing our "signs" (the peace sign).





AWWWWWWWWWW. Poor sad panda.
ReplyDeleteP.s. I just could not bear to eat it.
Miss you and love you lots!
Oh I almost forgot.....the man in the picture looks like Richard Dreyfuss.
ReplyDelete