SCREW LEUKEMIA
I just had to get that in.
Anyway, Dad left last night, and Deborah arrived this morning, and we've been given permission to explore the hospital later (I get to wear a super neato mask, even better than the visitors masks, it's like industrial), so yay! And I've also got a few random photos to post tonight, so you guys can see my little micro-environment. Once you get used to it (which I have for the most part), it's not too bad. Kinda like summer camp cabins, but with a private bath. And a call button. But the food is equally bad.
Oh, and my little bag-hangy-machine-tower-holder-thingie that I'm hooked up to (like I even have to shower hooked up to it) has officially been christened: R2-D2! It's robotic, it beeps a lot, and it follows me everywhere I go. I guess this makes me C-3P0, which is unfortunate because I don't look good in metallics, but so it goes. One of the nurses printed out little pics of R2-D2 (from the movie) and taped them to my R2-D2, so he's nicely decked out right now. I'll definitely post pics of him.


So does that make Gus Luke Skywalker? I want to be Chewbacca. I can't wait to see you SOON. As soon as Deb leaves, I'm right behind her. Let me know how your hospital tour goes...very exciting!
ReplyDeleteGreat Post! You get to explore and I got to run for chips! That makes me Java the HUT? Miss you so much Jess. Your voice today when I got to LA was upbeat and cheerfull! Looking forward to tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading your blog more than I look forward to finishing my current novel...that says a lot! Keep the info coming. I am sending lots of love and good thoughts.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see photos and see you soon! xo
ReplyDeleteI know it might be asking a lot.............but, can you see your way to include a Texas t-shirt or two into your commentary.
ReplyDeleteJess, Good to see ya doing the treadmill thing. Keep your chin high! We're all cheering for ya back here in Wisconsin. Say "hi" to the folks & Katie.
ReplyDelete