...for taking a picture of MYSELF in the lobby. It was funny - I went all the way down to the lobby (with my mask on, of course) with Sam and R2, and the second we get there, R2 starts beeping from a low battery. So we found an outlet and plugged him in, and we found it humorous, so we went to take a picture, and the 2 ladies at the front desk started yelling (and I'm not exaggerating, they were actually yelling at me) at me that I can't take pictures. It was friggin' hilarious, and so absurd I really don't have words for it. I mean, a simple "You can't take photos in here, sorry," would have been sufficient, but I guess if your job is boring enough you find it necessary to scream at cancer patients to turn their cameras off, you should start searching Monster.com. So I yelled back, "Fine, fine I erased it!" but I lied and I DIDN'T and now I can post the picture so HAH! I'm not sure what the whole no photos thing is about - maybe they don't want anyone like me getting accidentally photographed without their knowledge, I get it, but I didn't realize I needed a press pass to take a photo at Hopkins. BAD Hopkins girl! Well here are our contraband photos - one of R2 plugged into the wall, and one of Sam and I being hardcore with R2.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey Jess, R2 looks great! he really looks turned on! You and Sam look like a Parkinsons Patient took your picture! Love it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an average visit to Pinkberry, where taking photos inside is absolutely verboten a well! Sorry, German tourist, ich kann nichts verstehen!!
ReplyDeleteI know you will be one happy person the day you check out. Been down this road in 1997. Glad to see all the support from family & friends-it really helps!
ReplyDeletethey were jealous of your hotness!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you exploring the Hopkins halls again. Next time tell the front desk Nazis that you have a brain injury and that the doctors told you to take photos to help the visual part of your brain to heal. Also, tell them that the injury caused a type of epilepsy, and that loud noises, like someone yelling, provokes seizures! You can also use "Wizard of Oz" humor - ask them if they're upset because the house from Kansas landed on their sister...
ReplyDeletePlease ask your docs if you're allowed to have clam chowder yet (pronounced chowduh). If so, I'll have some sent down to you!
Love,
Cousin Rich
Hey Jess!
ReplyDelete"Katie G" here! I have been reading your blog and thinking about you often. I am glad to hear you are up and about.
I tried to find you on Facebook but couldn't. Please add me =)
Here's to a speedy recovery!
By the way, you look great with a shaved head.
xoxo,
Katie
Love the story, but loved hearing the lab results even more. I think you should make it a point to visit the front desk daily, maybe with a video camera next time and a visor as a disguish, and then with Mike Wallace and crew. Sounds like a real great day all around. Love from us all.
ReplyDelete---cousin john[ny]
Jess - I posted something on yesterday's comments because today's did not show up on my computer at first. I don't understand any of the glitches on computers - I just pray I can get through without grief.
ReplyDeleteAs to the Gestapo in the hallways - just pin a note on your shirt indicating that you lost your hearing aids and you need them to communicate with you in sign language. That should stop them in their tracks.
Aunt Myra
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat would a stay in the hospital without petty officiousness be?
ReplyDeleteNicer, you say?
Well, yeah. But then we wouldn't get the funny blog posts.
A day spent stickin' it to the man and kicking cancer in the face is a day very well spent, I think.
(deleted previous comment because I type bad)