So a few people have asked me what's up with the donor amounts on our Light the Night fundraising website, and I'm trying to fix the glitch. For some reason it's splitting up the donations in weird ways, showing that some people have donated hundreds of $$ when in fact they didn't and not giving credit to those that have given generous donations. I'm working with a LtN person to fix this, but for now I just turned off the "amounts" so hopefully we can't see who is giving what and how much. Their websites are really not user-friendly, so I need some help from them to fix this. But the important thing is that we've raised $550 and we have a bunch of walkers signed up and the event is going to be a lot of fun. I mean, who doesn't like carrying lit balloons through DC at night?! Fun, right?!
As far as emails - I'm REALLY behind again. I have 144 emails in my inbox that need attention, so I apologize for not getting back to some of you in a timely way. I read/have read them all, I just haven't answered them.
One more word about visitors - I haven't had any to date, and I think I'm going to stick to this for the duration here. I know it's weird and paranoid but if I get anything, so much as a little cut on my finger, all hell can break loose. And while I was really day-to-day for a while there, it was too iffy to plan visits; at the moment I feel great and should only feel greater, but I'm neutropenic and can get sick so easily that I'm not even taking field trips to the cafeteria anymore (I know, it's paranoid). Everyone who enters my rooms, be it Gus or a nurse or a doctor, wears a mask. When I get back home and can see friends again and am in remission, I'll have to plan a dinner somewhere easily accessible (Bethesda?) where EVERYONE can come and I can see everyone and then I can also plan individual meals/outings/visits with people. I have no idea how I'm going to feel, but I'm assuming it'll be as good as or better than I feel now. I miss everyone so much it's ridiculous, and I can't wait to see my friends again. And to eat food with you again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jess - the news from your Mom (first) and then on your posting yesterday was just too fantastic for words. We are positively astounded at how fast remission occurred. Of course, we understand that the next phase is the bone marrow transplant (and getting your immune system up to par), but the arrow is definitely pointing north!
ReplyDeleteWe have not replaced the camera, so no new pics of the baby as yet (and, no old ones for that matter, as the memory chip was lost with the camera). If the State of Illinois doesn't take my entire day tomorrow when I have to renew my driver's license (as always, our government efficiently at work)I may look for one. In the meantime you have to take our word for it that he is definitely the cutest and smartest baby on the planet!
Love 'ya,
Aunt Myra and Uncle Don
Jessica, I haven't read this wonderful blog of your for a while. Soos Sr. was last week (It went well)and I had a meeting at Simplicity in NY yesterday. I am so impressed by the upbeat discriptions of your hospital adventure! You are in my thoughts everyday. I look forward to future posts.
ReplyDeletemuch love, Andrea
Who the hell invented the word "neutropenic"? It just doesn't sound right.... *8^)
ReplyDeleteGeorge - I needed a laugh, thank you. :)
ReplyDelete