Sunday, March 8, 2009

My babies.

I'm blogging about my babies today - I miss them so much. :( So here are some gratuitous kitty pictures.

First, Daisy Mae. When I first got sick (back in the beginning of February) and during the time I was sick at home, she never left my side. She'd sleep with me, get into the shower with me (between the 2 shower curtains), lay with me on the couch - everything. She knew something wasn't right. Now that I'm gone Gus says she's doing fine, but I miss her so much and can't wait to snuggle her up again.





Gratuitous toesie post:





And of course Fitzy - my little baby boy. They're littermates and the same age, but Fitzy acts like he's a newborn kitten. If I'm home, he's in my arms, on my lap, or laying next to me. He's ALWAYS by my side (so this was an issue when I was sick because Daisy would get there first and he'd get jealous, etc. etc.), and acts like my little baby. Gus said he's been sad since I've been gone - he sleeps in our bed all day on my pillow, and snuggles tight up against Gus when they sleep at night. I miss him so much.





He likes to sleep under the covers with his head on my pillow, like a little human.




And since the first video worked, here's one of my little baby boy "making muffins" or "baking bread" or "kneading" on his blanky. Notice how he gets all puffy and guilty looking? That's his puffy guilty face. It's exceedingly adorable, which is problematic because it makes me miss him even more. I realize it's difficult to see his face in this video - but trust me, it's really cute.


17 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! It's cousin Peggy checking in. Sure hope I set up my blog account with you correctly. Your babies are so cute! I'm trying to send you a picture of my 14 year old perpetual baby Shadow (remember him?) -- it will be the closest to kitties he's ever been if I manage to post his pic on this page. Love you and hope today has been a good day for you. xx P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, Grandma Ilene, can vouch for the cuteness of my grandkitties! They both have unique personalities (as does their mother!), and they express themselves in very creative ways! I especially like when Fitzy "makes muffins."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jess, With a little coaching from your dad earlier I think this message will now go thru. The Wisconsin branch are all saddened & aware of your illness & wish you a healthy, speedy recovery. Your attitude is right which certainly helps in the healing process. Always keep your chin high! We will be watching your "posts" & keeping up with your progress as you heal. Enjoyed the pics of your cats-I bet you really miss them. Take Care, Mike E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitten biscuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits!! Yeah, go Fitzy, go! He's all "first you have to let the dough rise...and then you punch the heck out of it, and then knead...ever so gently...and then you purr...and then you look guilty. And then you sleep in the bed like a human!" Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess,
    Greetings from Torrance, Ca. You old, friends from your childhood in Westchester.I know I am suppose to comment on the cute cats, but I did want to tell you that we are all praying for you out here. I'm glad for this blog site. I hope the hospital stay is over quickly.Take care, Vicki Lee, and family!!!! P.S. Did your mom tell you that Michael is engaged and getting married in Hawaii in May 2010. His girlfriend, Melissa, graduated from UCSB the same day as you-small world. She went to Chatsworth High.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nelson and Daisy would make great shower buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Max says "Hi".

    Mimi says "Whatup, beeyotches!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jess, Just checking in and saying hello. I can't believe you live in all that snow. If it's lower than 70, I'm freezing. Glad to hear you are chipper today. You take care, and just know we'll want to hear from you even when you get out of there! Our love, Maggie (Diamond) I see there's another Maggie around, and Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To all you wonderful people who are following Jess on a daily basis - she had the spinal tap today and there was NO leukemia in the spinal fluid! She's a bit fuzzy from the pain meds and asked me to tell you all she's loopy but happy with the results.
    She will hopefully be back on the blog tomorrow with some new input.
    Mom Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tuesday, March 10th - Jess wants you all to know that she won't be writing again today - she's having a bone marrow procedure this morning and can affect her for awhile after the procedure is finished. Keep sending your positive thoughts and great comments to her!
    Mom Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jess - homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (without the raisins and with the chocolate chips) are on the way! Like I said in the accompanying note, these tend to break easily. But, I figure that you can eat all the crumbs you want because I have it on high authority that crumbs do not have calories.

    Love, Aunt Myra

    P.S. I sent a photo along of our baby, who we will be with this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOHOO for leukemia-free spinal fluid! Thanks for that piece of really good news, Jessica's Mom! Jessica: we miss you lots! Let me know when you run out of your Aunt Myra's cookies; I have plans for almond buttercream frosted sugar cookies in the near future... :)
    Love and hugs, and all sorts of happy, positive, leukemia-killing thoughts heading your way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The spinal tap results are terrific news! A round of applause from Wisconsin! We have a winner here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great News about the spinal tap results!!
    By the way, Olive and KC send their love.
    Like Cousin Peggy, I wish I could post their pic on here for you too. I'll send one another way.
    Love you!
    Cousin Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you jessica's mom for the update!

    jessica - i drove by and waved hello! don;t know if you saw me :) i will wave hello when i drive by on friday

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.