Friday, March 6, 2009

I need a new playlist...

...for the treadmill! I need cheesy, poppy, upbeat stuff. So far I have:

Britney Spears Womanizer
Journey Don't Stop Believin'
Beyonce Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
Katy Perry Hot 'N Cold
Abba Dancing Queen
Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer

I have some other 80s stuff, but I need more current, cheesy stuff. I don't listen to the radio, so I'm kinda stuck - give me ideas! Stuff I can download that will keep me motivated on the treadmill. I've had Womanizer in my head for 2 days straight, so I guess it's doing it's job - but I do believe I've burned a few brain cells in the process.

Give me playlists!

7 comments:

  1. hi jess
    i will bring you a ton of music when i come visit with some ready-made playlists. need to get myself a flu shot first.
    jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesy, classic stuff that works for me:

    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Survivor - Burning Heart
    Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
    Rocky Soundtrack - Gonna Fly Now

    More current cheesy stuff that I am only aware of because I don't have a job yet and probably watch too much TV in the middle of the day:

    Lady Gaga - Pokerface
    Lady Gaga - Just Dance
    Flight of the Conchords - Too Many Dicks On The Dancefloor (check your e-mail, I sent you the MP3)

    Hope that helps, I will send you more as I think of songs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess,

    I know your Dad through AOPA. My ex-brother-in-law went through this long before he became my BIL (when we were in high school together)and then ex-BIL so if that idiot can make it, I know you will have no problem.

    As for poppy-upbeat songs, my 11 year old daughter kicks this one every time on Guitar Hero World Tour - "Misery Business" by Paramore. Also anything by the Presidents of the United States of America will definitely get you moving - Lump, Little Kitty, Peaches, etc. There's YouTube videos for this stuff.

    Oh yeah, almost forgot since you're working out on a treadmill, check out this video by OK Go - "Here it goes again" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI.

    You're in my family's thoughts and prayers.

    John Collins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Jess -- trying to make the generation gap disappear, I tried sending 2 comments but I don't think either went through. El gave me a tutorial, so here I go again!

    First off - your Dad told me about the blog just a few days ago, so I have been catching up. Sat Uncle Donny down to the computer, too, but he's as helpless as Virginia so I summarize for him. We send you a thousand hugs a day - sort of like Star Wars telepathy. Are you getting them?

    As I said in my last comment (that you probably didn't get)I'm an old-fashioned US Post Office girl, so this blogging is a whole new world to me. It's the first thing I look for in the morning because when you're letting it all hang out I feel as if I am there with you having a face-to-face. You go girl! Sounds like you are already kicking the shit out this leukemia.

    Much as we'd like to visit in person, I don't think that will happen before the middle of April at the earliest. Ginko and Ben are going to Japan and will not be back until around April 15. It's a thought.

    For now, know that we think of you all the time. You have a great network of support. That and your wonderful sense of humor and good spirits will get you through this, and you'll have plenty to tell your grandkids someday.

    Aunt Myra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Song suggestions:

    "Shut Up and Drive" by Rihanna (poor girl)
    "Wake Up Call" by Maroon 5 (Yummy, dirty Adam)
    "Give It 2 Me" by Madonna (Who doesn't luv Madge?)

    These are songs my cardio dance teacher plays during class. I'll try to think of some more!

    Love ya!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jess!!

    My fave gym songs are :

    I Hate This Part - PussyCat Dolls
    If U Seek Amy - Britney Spears
    Phonography - Britney Spears
    The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani

    They are all pretty cheese, but they do the trick I find!!

    Thinking of you <3
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pussy Cat dolls are awesome gym/treadmill songs. Also their "when i grow up" song. I'm actually not sure if thats the name of it but it's fun and ridiculous. Glad to see you have Single Ladies and some Hot and Cold though :)

    Also some more corny upbeat ( a little last season) ones are...

    Public Affair- Jessica Simpson
    Spice Up Your Life- Spice Girls
    Before He Cheats- Carrie Underwood

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.