Other good stuff: We've raised $550 for the Light the Night walk! And I have a bunch of people signed up to walk - it's going to be so much fun. THANK YOU to everyone who has signed-up or donated - I haven't had a chance to send out individual thank-yous yet, but I appreciate it so much and I know we'll eventually make our goal of $5K by October.
More good stuff - the doctor came in this morning and said that the definitive results were in from the latest bone marrow biopsy and they all came back NEGATIVE and there's no cancer in my bone marrow at the moment. Very good news! As I said before the spinal tap was negative, too, so all signs are pointing towards remission. VERY good news. :)
On the food front, I've eaten yogurt, cottage cheese, cheesecake and bread pudding this morning (obviously small quantities of each, but still). I'm eating plenty and haven't lost any more weight, which is good. And I'm writing this on my brand new computer, which is so cool, you should see this thing. Thank you mom and dad and Bill and Bev and Gus. <3
And just for gratuitous cuteness reasons, I feel the need to post a video of my nephew, Charlie (aka Charleston Chew, Chuck), staring into the sun and being mellow and adorable.
There's not much action there, but look at his fluffy toes and his cute face!
Before I forget - some of you have asked how to find out where the closest Light the Night walk is - here's the website where you can type in your postal code and they'll give you a list of the walks closest to you.
Find Local Light the Night Walks
And as far as our walk on October 17th, here is all the pertinent info I promised:
Washington, DC
Washington, DC
Saturday, October 17, 2009
13th & Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004
Walk Distance: 2.5 miles
Check In: 5:00 PM
Walk Start Time: 7:00 PM
Staff Contact:
Jillian Goode, Campaign Manager
jillian.goode@lls.org
(703) 399-2933
I'll post that on my Facebook events page as well as the Imagination Domination website so everyone can find the details.
Here's to neutrophils!

Hi Jess,
ReplyDeleteI am extremely happy for you. You did it girl!!! Your mom came to my desk this morning and gave me the great news. We are all so excited... I hope you get to home soon to your hubby and kitties.
Love,
Gladys
Hi Jess. So glad today's a better day! And it's St. Patrick's Day which is supposed to be lucky -- we are all Irish for the day.
ReplyDeleteI tried to donate my childhood hair which I located in Mom's cedar chest, but they only accept hair that's been preserved in proper fashion. Think I'll check out the charity walk you described -- I presume there's one here in L.A. area. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is one of my top charities, and I'd like to continue to support them.
As for food -- next time you're in L.A. I will cook you a spectacular meal -- you choose the menu. In the meantime, have a good day and remember I love you.
xx Peggy.
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI have cried many happy tears over you day. Love this happy feeling. So glad you feel better, I'm delighted about your test results. Keep up your amazing attitude and strength. ( You are very welcome.)
Much love and good vibes sent your way,
Bev
I just noticed my mistake! I have cried many happy tears over you TODAY. (my vision was a little blurred, good enough excuse?)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for the Light the Night walk! I invited a bunch of people on facebook -- hope that's cool. Congrats on raising $500 already! I bet you'll raise a lot more than $5000!
ReplyDeleteWhich kind of laptop did you get???
Val - Definitely - the more the merrier!
ReplyDeleteI got a brand new MacBook - so fancy.
Glad to hear that today's looking good :) And a new nephew?! His name reminds me of one of my sharks, chew chew charlie. Will he have a play date with the kitties?
ReplyDeleteMy big sis is the BEST - period. :)
ReplyDelete