Monday, April 27, 2009

Still nothing to report!

Still nothing to report - we're still waiting, watching my counts. Today my neutrophils were up to 1,497, which is only 3 neutrophils away from "normal". BUT that's a jump of over 1,000 neutrophils in 2 days, so they may not "stick". In any case, my counts were okay today, and I didn't need any blood products. So Happy Anniversary to me!

Speaking of anniversary, we're celebrating our 3rd with a walk around the neighborhood, panko-encrusted salmon (one of my favorite recipes), and some mindless TV. Not exactly dinner at Restaurant Eve or Vidalia (two of the restaurants I was eyeing for our anniversary dinner), but it's better than nothing (and better than hospital food)!

I thought I'd post one of my favorite photos of us:



That's from October 2008, when we went to the Eastern Shore for a long weekend. We had hoped to make it back there for a weekend before the transplant, but my counts never got high enough, so phooey. BUT if my neutrophils stay where they currently are, we're planning a trip back to The Narrows for lunch - their crabcakes are considered by some foodies to be the very best in MD, and the last time we had them I almost fainted they were so incredible. ALL crab, no filler.




And their cream of crab soup was so amazing and rich that I couldn't even finish it - it was so delicious.



Now I'm hungry just from looking at the photos, and I think I'll go start the salmon. *crossing fingers for high neutrophils and a crab-filled Saturday*

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary - And Many More.
    Much Love
    Marsha & Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a lovely Anniversary on this hot hot day! Wow that crabcake looks amazing! Can we all 4 drive out this Fall for a crabcake lunch? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary from the Manhattan Beach cousins! Keep posting! It makes us feel closer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Hope that your Saturday is extra crabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer - we totally have to drive out there! And I still need a Crab Bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next year its all yours. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I forgot about the "crab bomb" - let's add that to our Fall agenda too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. the etrade baby commercial outtakes are hilarious! Where'd you find them?

    Check out the newest commercials for the Boston Bruins - they're funny too. Start with this one and follow the link for a second one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cr89xbl26g

    Hang in there. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.