Monday, April 6, 2009

54 and counting..

Today I have 54 neutrophils! It's less than yesterday, but it's normal for them to jump around, so hopefully we'll see a trend of them increasing.

I also had a long talk with my doctor today, and asked him a bunch of questions about everything - when I'll be admitted, what it will be like after the BMT, when I get to go home, etc. Most of his answers were really good! I get to go home as soon as my counts start really increasing - this was the deal from the beginning. He seems to think it will take about a week, but who knows at this point. Once my counts are high, they'll do a bone marrow biopsy/aspiration and a spinal tap and as long as it's all clear I'll be declared "in complete remission". I don't know why they call it that - it's not COMPLETE as I still have to come back and have the BMT - but that's what they call it. But the best news of all is that when I go home, I can be with my babies. Dr. Smith said (and he's the final word) that as long as they don't bite or scratch I can sleep with them, snuggle them, and love them like usual! I think they're going to be weird for a few days when I get back, but hopefully I'll be home long enough to bond with them before I leave them again for 3-4 months. :(

I haven't posted photos in a while - the blog is looking a bit bland. I'll try to take some tomorrow or something.

Gus wants to use the computer - more later. :)

3 comments:

  1. *More cheering from So.Cal* YAY! At least they aren't zero! I'm really feeling good about this...you'll be snuggling and kissing tosies in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Good News!
    I am so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep those neutros coming, Jess!!! Fitz and Daisy need their mom!!!

    You will be considered in complete remission the moment there is no evidence of (active) disease (NED) during a follow up test. The bone marrow transplant will only ensure that you'll stay in complete remission.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.