Tuesday, April 14, 2009

414 and counting..

I have to make this quick because I'm feeling a bit queasy and I need to shower before bed, but I wanted to post the good news that I have 414 neutrophils and if all goes well, will be discharged to go home tomorrow!

Today was a LONG and unpleasant day - last night I had a fever and was sick, this morning started at 7am with a bone marrow biopsy and a spinal tap, then I had a transfusion, then I got physically ill from the pain meds. :) The day started at 7am and we didn't get home until after 4, so it was definitely a trial, but it'll all be worth it if I get to go home tomorrow.

Here is a funny video that Gus took yesterday - it's a blood bubble in my transfusion bag! It's gross but funny at the same time. You have to look quickly and it's right at the beginning, but there's a big bubble 'o blood falling from the top of the cone-shaped thingie. And you can hear Gus's commentary in the background.



And yesterday there were 10 bags hanging from my pole - so I took a pic:



I really do want to post more, but my tummy isn't cooperating. More tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Saltine crackers for an iffy stomach! (Not matzos). Loved the 'bags on pole' picture. What type of treatment, blood tests do you get when you're at home? Hope you're reading this from your house! Take care.
    Love, Cousin John[ny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot! onward and upward we go! there BEST be some kind of gross-ass blood bubble when I come back, or else i shall be severely disappointed. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are married to a sickbv............/..
    max is typing n k sskls mmm,,b,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess -- Hope by the time you read this note you are relaxing at home! And petting your little kitties. And enjoying some more of Gus's home cooking. And feeling hungry, not queasy. And if you're not home today, I'm certain you will be quite soon. Take good care.

    Love, Cousin Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlfriend! You are going through a lot of trouble to look this good bald!!!
    ;O)
    Here is to a better day tomorrow and being freed from captivity!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.