Sunday, April 12, 2009

Reunited hey hey!

So I got permission from the nurse practitioner to go home for one night...and here I am, reunited with my babies!!!!





Needless to say it was emotional - my babies recognized me immediately and Fitzy hasn't left my side since I got home. I'm totally paranoid that I'm going to breathe in cat hair (too late for that) but the NP said I didn't have to wear a mask, so I'm not! Gus turned the heat up to 73 and I'm still sitting next to the heater (I'm always cold now), but I'm settled into my chair with Fitzy on my lap and looking forward to tacos for dinner. Mmmmm. Tacos.

And today in IPOP Nicole got us out of there really quickly - I got my meds and left, and she said she'd text me with my neutrophil count. I got a phone call from her while we were driving through Baltimore on the way home and she told me that I have 213 neutrophils! I only had 56 yesterday, so it's an amazing jump! I'm trying to stay positive and I'm hoping that they'll stay stable and jump some more, but I'm also trying to not get too excited.

Here are some photos of the reunion:








It's bittersweet because I have to leave tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be home for a while before my May 14th BMT. As it is I have to sleep in the guest room tonight because the NP said I shouldn't be sleeping with the babies and there's no way to keep them out of the bedroom and still sleep (they'd scratch on the door and scream all night)!

So it's been a good day, a really good day. Which was painfully needed because the preceding few have been really bad!

9 comments:

  1. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitzy and Daisy are so happy to see their neutro-filled mama!!! I am elated for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kitties look happy but not as happy as you. Congrats on the WBC's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe how fantastic you look! The babes are so happy and so are Mom & I. Enjoy the mini vacation and remember that this will lead to an extended stay at home when the Leukemia butt is kicked! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look soooo good and soooo happy. I knew your babies would recognize you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peaches & Herb-WOW-that brought back some memories! Your dad is absolutely right. You look pretty good for what you have gone thru. Enjoy your short visit at home & take it one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. George, Gracie and I are SOOOO happy that you got some home and kitty time! Enjoy the tacos, your bed and your hubby. And, remember, after all the other crap is over with, you get to be right back there with everything you love and everything that loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so i cried when i saw you with the babies! i know i could not leave my fur babies or my real one for that long. I think your neutrophils jumped beacuse you knew you were going home! postive think' and all that crap

    i have just one question...what? no tangerines? bwa hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.