So my b-day (or birth-d, as Deb would call it) is in 2 days, and I keep forgetting about it (I guess I'm preoccupied), but Bill and Bev brought over a chocolate birthday cake for me tonight! They sang a quick "Happy Birthday" and I even got pizza for dinner (mmmmm pizzzzzaaaaa). Unfortunately tonight was their last night in town so we had to say goodbye, but it was so great to have them here and at the house to take care of their grandchildren (the babies). KK gets here tomorrow to babysit me until Sunday, so I'm excited to see her - we're going to have slumber parties and eat cottage cheese together. Which reminds me, if you haven't tried whipped cottage cheese, you're really missing out. You can get it on the east coast - not sure about CA - and it's sooooo good. It's by Friendship and you can find it at Whole Foods - when they're not sold out.
I've resorted to blogging about cottage cheese and I'm totally procrastinating and I should be in the shower like a good Hopkins girl (not only is it good hygiene, but it's recommended by the hospital because it kills bacteria, I was actually shown this in a slide show), but for some reason I'm being lazy and blogging instead. I'm just in that weird limbo between hospital and HOME and can't wait to get back to my babies and my friends. I rode in a car today (it was raining and Gus drove me the 1/2 block to the hospital) for the first time in 41 days. It was an odd feeling. Needless to say it'll be WEIRD when I drive for the first time!
Okay. I'm getting in the shower. But I'm leaving you with this - it makes me laugh every time I see it - not as much as "printer cat" but it's pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We loved visiting with you and Gus. You are so strong, and handle all so well, you truly are amazing. Was REALLY difficult saying good-bye for now to the two of you. Gus is such a caring husband and son. We are so proud of him in so many ways.We look forward to more good news about your neutrophils rising and getting home. Hopefully another video chat in the morning before we leave. Take care, Much love, Bev.
ReplyDeleteHey, I didn't see a neutrophil count today. If you would publish them daily, I'd probably plot them. I agree; it's time for another photo!
ReplyDeleteLove, Cousin John[ny]
Cousin Johnny - April 5th was 71 neutrophils, April 6th was 54. I'm hoping for at least a hundred today, but they say they can dip down before they shoot up again, so my fingers are crossed.
ReplyDeleteGreat pic of the walrus/seal.
ReplyDeleteDid you read the family newsletter yet? You're the star...
Love,
Cousin Rick
Whipped cottage cheese? But then....where do the nubbies go?... As for your neutrophils, I have a theory that they all scatter and hide whenever a neutrphil-gitter enters your body to collect them. I imagine that they press themselves into the most remote corners of your veins, waiting for the neutrophil-gitter to leave, holding their little neutrophil breaths until the neutrophil-gitter leaves, then they all exhale and wipe their little neutrophil brows, and say in unison "geez! that was a close one!" One day, when they are too numerous to hide any longer, your count will skyrocket :) wow, I really babbled a lot...
ReplyDelete