
Besides eating sour candy, not much has been happening over here. I'm still at home, but we're driving to Hopkins to the outpatient clinic a few times a week. I go in, get blood drawn in phlebotomy, then go see my nurse Mary Beth in the clinic. The outpatient clinic is HUGE - like, massive. I haven't even seen all of it - I just go to my little corner and do what I need to do, but there must be 60 or 70 little "stations" (either beds, kinda like on a train, with a curtain, or a comfortable chair) in that place. In any case, right now we're just watching my counts, hoping that my leukemia stays "quiet" and waiting it out until May 7th, when I'll be admitted for the transplant (I'll have a few days of chemo and the actual transplant will happen on May 14th). If my leukemia gets active or my counts start going up, I'll have to be immediately admitted for another month-long inpatient induction chemo treatment. In the meantime, I'm still platelet and red-blood cell dependent, and I get a few bags of each a week. This week alone I had 4 bags of red blood and 1 bag of platelets.
I don't have much else to report. Yesterday my neutrophils were at 497, the highest they've been, but at the same time I'm kinda "over" the whole neutrophil thing, since we know I'll be immuno-suppressed for quite a while anyway - there's no hope for normalcy in that situation until way after my transplant. And we don't want my white count to go up, so the neutrophils kind of are what they are right now.
Mine and Gus's 3rd anniversary is this Monday, April 27th. We'll be celebrating with...a trip to Hopkins! We were going to do something fun and delicious like dinner at a fancy restaurant, but I can't eat out at restaurants, so hopefully we'll make something delicious at home. Besides, when this whole ordeal is over with, we'll renew our vows in Italy and have a second anniversary, so it'll be all good.
Right now I'm trying to get everything DONE before I go back in - organizing stuff in the house, planning my caregiver schedule, etc., but I'm in such a lazy mood that it's hard to get motivated. I just feel like I'll never finish! I'm a huge procrastinator. HUGE. It's much more fun to go for walks and make dinner than it is to organize and fill out paperwork. :)
I guess I should go do something - laundry, organizing, emailing, etc. But that means I have to get up out of this chair. Hmm.
I don't have much else to report. Yesterday my neutrophils were at 497, the highest they've been, but at the same time I'm kinda "over" the whole neutrophil thing, since we know I'll be immuno-suppressed for quite a while anyway - there's no hope for normalcy in that situation until way after my transplant. And we don't want my white count to go up, so the neutrophils kind of are what they are right now.
Mine and Gus's 3rd anniversary is this Monday, April 27th. We'll be celebrating with...a trip to Hopkins! We were going to do something fun and delicious like dinner at a fancy restaurant, but I can't eat out at restaurants, so hopefully we'll make something delicious at home. Besides, when this whole ordeal is over with, we'll renew our vows in Italy and have a second anniversary, so it'll be all good.
Right now I'm trying to get everything DONE before I go back in - organizing stuff in the house, planning my caregiver schedule, etc., but I'm in such a lazy mood that it's hard to get motivated. I just feel like I'll never finish! I'm a huge procrastinator. HUGE. It's much more fun to go for walks and make dinner than it is to organize and fill out paperwork. :)
I guess I should go do something - laundry, organizing, emailing, etc. But that means I have to get up out of this chair. Hmm.

Filing??? Please! Show me someone who does NOT procrastinate filing? Usually we leave this up to the poor temp!
ReplyDeleteHere is to a Leukemia that knows its' place, a cozy 3rd Anniversary and a new lease on live come May 14th!!!
missed you today - happy anniversary...mar
ReplyDeleteJess and Gus,
ReplyDeleteHappy 3rd anniversary! I am sure your dinner tonight is going to be magical also,because you have each other and that's what counts. It doesn't matter where you have dinner, just think that at home, you will have more privacy and won't have the interruptions fom anybody. After all of this process, you will be having fun in Italy soon. I am jealous (good jealousy). Can I come too....
Love always,
Gladys