Last night was fun - Bill and Bev came to have dinner with us, so we all made dinner together and ate it in the apartment (I still can't eat in the common areas). Afterwards I made popcorn and we took the popcorn down to the family activity room on the ground floor (that room is always empty) and found a Boggle game to play. I've never played Boggle - it's awesome! Word games - my favorite! And I don't "do" strategy, so that was even better. I won our first game - it was so much fun.
Today is more of the same i.e. IPOP. It's pretty quiet in there on the weekends - apparently they "give people the weekends off" sometimes. But not me! I'm so lucky. *sarcasm* This whole thing is just UGH! because I had no warning that this was going to happen. Like I said before - the 1-3 months in IPOP after my BMT will suck, but at least I can prepare for it and I know it's going to happen. Even creepier, this is beginning to feel normal. Once you start doing the same thing every day - waking up at the same time, going to the same place, eating the same stuff, etc., it starts to feel like normal life. And that's REALLY scary. I miss my kitties so much I can't even stand it anymore and I want to see my friends - kitties and friends are normal, NOT this!
I just got off video chat with the kitties - Bill and Bev set up the computer so that the kids could come right up to the screen and see/hear me. They saw me - their eyes were following me on the screen - and they definitely knew my voice, and Daisy looked really freaked out - I'd move my head back and forth and talk to her and she'd follow me with her eyes and just sit there kinda stunned. Fitzy was crouched down next to the computer and then walking around it. I just hope they remember when I get home - I smell different, I look different, etc. It's my voice and it's me, but I'm worried they rely on other things to tell people apart and they won't know me. :( I miss them so so much, I feel sick every time I think about them and being away from them. I'd never been away from them for more than 10 days before all of this - it'll be over 40 days by the time this is all over and done with, and then MANY months after the BMT (unless they can come live with me in Annapolis after the BMT and some IPOP).
I just want my kitties back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It must suck to be without them. They'll recognize you instantly. The video chat was a great idea. Too bad you don't have holograms of them!
ReplyDeleteThey will ALWAYS adore you.... and remember you, no matter how you smell.
ReplyDeleteHi Jess. CONGRATULATIONS on the neutrophils!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Seeing the progress must boost your spirits and even if they decrease, they will surely increase even more again.
I can sure relate to your missing your kitties. In the 12 years I've had Shadow, I don't think I've been away from him for more than 5 days (and then I missed him terribly). Just ask my brother Rich. While in Boston I call the dogsitter a few times daily to check in on his status. They are our children and so sweet. After all the love you have bestowed upon them, there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever they will remember you and love you even more (remember that old adage, absence makes the heart grow fonder).
I'm with you on the word games. I forgot about Boggle (think I'll buy it again). Most weekends Andy and I compete in Scrabble. He won this past weekend - likely due to his cheating -- he creates new words and then I'm afraid to challenge him, because in the past he's been right and then I lose a turn. I have a terrific Scrabble set that rotates for each player and I've got a new Scrabble dictionary which I keep threatening to read at night in preparation for our weekly challenges. Not a bad idea!
Love you Jess, Peggy