
Get it?! I think some people will. I love that movie.
I've got nothing. My neutrophils were a stinking 10 today - let's hope they just took a one day vacation and they show up again tomorrow. Because I've got cabin fever something fierce.
In other news, I got platelets today - man I hate those things. I know I need them and all, but I wish my body would just get back to making them itself. Because I get pre-medicated with Benadryl, Zantac, and Tylenol and I hate the way Benadryl makes me feel. Intravenous Benadryl is soooo weird. But otherwise things are okay, we're just waiting on those neutrophils.
So Gus and I are going to Italy when this is all said and done - next year - and because I'm bored I've been doing some research on where we should go and I've decided on:
I've got nothing. My neutrophils were a stinking 10 today - let's hope they just took a one day vacation and they show up again tomorrow. Because I've got cabin fever something fierce.
In other news, I got platelets today - man I hate those things. I know I need them and all, but I wish my body would just get back to making them itself. Because I get pre-medicated with Benadryl, Zantac, and Tylenol and I hate the way Benadryl makes me feel. Intravenous Benadryl is soooo weird. But otherwise things are okay, we're just waiting on those neutrophils.
So Gus and I are going to Italy when this is all said and done - next year - and because I'm bored I've been doing some research on where we should go and I've decided on:
Tuscany

Parma (just for the cheese)

Florence

Venice


Parma (just for the cheese)

Florence

Venice

I've been to Florence and Venice, but never to any of the other places. If anyone has been to any of those places, let me know - I have a year to plan the trip and I want to make sure we stay in some amazing places - pensions and villas and such. I'm not sure when the off-season is, but we may have to go then - MAN Italy's expensive in high season! I'm torn between seeing as much as possible and just seeing a few places and staying longer. The only place we HAVE to go is Positano.
Alrighty then, I'm signing off. KK will be here soon!!
Alrighty then, I'm signing off. KK will be here soon!!


I hear Positano is amazing... I hear this from the Travel channel. I say when all is said and done, visit a few places and then stay longer in those places to build the memories. I did a quick trip of Italy and it was sad to think that I only had a day in a half for the treasure that was Florence and jewel that was Rome... an afternoon for Siena which was amazing by the way and worth a day trip. I don't remember enough about it and I long to go back.
ReplyDeleteJulia
What about Rome? I went there last fall for a conference and I had a great time! It might be worth saving Rome for it's own trip though. I was there for a week and still felt that I didn't have enough time to see everything.
ReplyDeleteWhen you go to Tuscany, you should see definitely see Siena and San Giminignano, as well as Volterra. As the Chianti region is part of Tuscany and as I know you two to be wine enthusiasts, I also recommend seeing and tasting some wine in Montepulciano (for some Vino Nobile) and Montalcino (for some Brunello).
ReplyDeleteAnd of course, you should plan on swinging by Germany to come visit me on your way to or back from Italy.
That's a great thing to be looking forward to. And things to look forward to have a very positive influence on neutrophil counts, I believe :)
Love,
Surrogate
Felix - I don't know if I'll be allowed to drink wine - can you imagine?! A trip to Italy with no wine?!
ReplyDeleteI definitely want to see Siena - I want to stay in a little farmhouse or pension like this:
http://www.agriturismo.com/farmhouse-accommodation/agriturismo-il-vecchio-maneggio-san-gimignano.asp
I have a ton of articles I've kept from magazines about these little pensions where they cook for you and you can just explore everything and stay there at night. It sounds awesome.
I can't imagine that you won't be allowed to drink wine next year ... but do as the doctor says.
ReplyDeleteWhen I went to Tuscany in the summer of 2002 with my best friend, we just drove down from Munich with no real plan other than going to Tuscany for 8 days. It was great, because we ended up staying at villa on the hilltop in the countryside where we took breakfast and dinner on the terrace and actually saw the towers of San Gimignano off in the distance.
And I definitely preferred Siena over Florence as it was just as beautiful and waaay less overrun by tourists. Montalcino and Montepulciano are pretty towns in their own right, but the wine is a nice bonus. And buy some Alabaster stuff in Volterra if you go there, they're famous for that. There is also this church not far from Volterra, which was real pretty ... it's kind of on the way and you can see the town from there. I will let you know once I remember the name. You can easily spend two weeks just in Tuscany.
Jess!!! I was in Tuscany, Florence and Rome and I just about cried all the way home when I had to leave. Tuscany is right next door to the Garden of Eden and the people I met were incredible (the guys weren't so bad looking, either, but that's another whole blog). I stayed in a little village called Marcialla and every morning I threw open the ceiling-to-waist, unscreened shutters and looked out over mist-covered fields of grapevines. AHHHhhh.... what a magical place. The hill towns were my favorite places to visit - Sienna was just lovely. I didn't get much time in Florence, but it couldn't touch the charm of Tuscany.
ReplyDelete