I wore my mask, and I have to give the TJ shoppers credit - there wasn't any weird staring or anything (except for a little 2 year old boy and I stopped him in his tracks, it was pretty hysterical). We got all the stuff I've been craving (chicken sausage with peppers and onions, salmon, shrimp with tomatoes and feta, etc.), and it was just nice to do something normal.
Anyway, we came home and decided to go for a walk before dinner. It's still so beautiful outside! So we're walking, and I see a mom loading her little girl into their car (the little girl was about 5 or something), and I'm thinking, "Oh no." The mom was oblivious (and her skirt was too short!), but the little girl was staring at me. Like as I walked she leaned her head so she could see me. I was thinking mean thoughts, and all of a sudden, the little girl waves. She WAVED at me! Then I felt all guilty and waved back. It was really sweet. So that was my life lesson for the day - I'm not sure how to sum it up, but it definitely affected me.
And then we ate chicken sausage with onions and peppers. SO good. In fact, I may go eat the 2nd half of my sandwich because just thinking about it is making my mouth water.
Another quick thought - today I went to put on a pair of jeans, the pair that I wore most often to work. I've lost about 6-8 pounds since I've been at work, so I was expecting the jeans to be loose on me - they were skin tight. ???? It was so weird. I have no idea how I squeezed into those babies before all of this - it was so strange! Everything else is big on me! I guess they're magic jeans or something. Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans or something.
I'm going to go eat my sandwich.
Anyway, we came home and decided to go for a walk before dinner. It's still so beautiful outside! So we're walking, and I see a mom loading her little girl into their car (the little girl was about 5 or something), and I'm thinking, "Oh no." The mom was oblivious (and her skirt was too short!), but the little girl was staring at me. Like as I walked she leaned her head so she could see me. I was thinking mean thoughts, and all of a sudden, the little girl waves. She WAVED at me! Then I felt all guilty and waved back. It was really sweet. So that was my life lesson for the day - I'm not sure how to sum it up, but it definitely affected me.
And then we ate chicken sausage with onions and peppers. SO good. In fact, I may go eat the 2nd half of my sandwich because just thinking about it is making my mouth water.
Another quick thought - today I went to put on a pair of jeans, the pair that I wore most often to work. I've lost about 6-8 pounds since I've been at work, so I was expecting the jeans to be loose on me - they were skin tight. ???? It was so weird. I have no idea how I squeezed into those babies before all of this - it was so strange! Everything else is big on me! I guess they're magic jeans or something. Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans or something.
I'm going to go eat my sandwich.

We're the jeans straight out of the laundry?
ReplyDeleteThat'll do it.
Glad you had such a nice day and so many smiley moments :).
That's so sweet (the little girl). I'm glad you had a nice day.
ReplyDeleteTJ's rocks!!! Enough said!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've gotten your life back. Nothing like a trip to Trader Joe's. They also have that great red licorice from Australia. It rocks. Enjoy the normalcy!
ReplyDelete