That was seriously one of the most exciting things I've ever seen.
We had an amazing time at Julia and Alan's elegant Kentucky Derby party, complete with hot brown sandwiches, benedictine sandwiches, mint juleps, sweet tea, and Derby Pie. It was quite a spread. And for those of you unfamiliar with hot browns and benedictine, here's what I mean:
Hot Brown (I had mine without bacon)

Benedictine Sandwiches


Benedictine Sandwiches

All of the lady attendees wore dresses, heels, and big hats, and all of the gentlemen wore slacks and button-down shirts. So posh. We forgot to take photos while we were there, but I'll post pics of my outfit later, I have to send them to myself first. Anyway, it was so much fun, and so great to see friends after so long. Thank you again, Julia and Alan, for an amazing party!
Today the weather outside was BLECH and pouring rain, but we decided to suck it up and drive the 70 miles to Kent Narrows on the Eastern Shore for crab cakes. The drive sucked, but the cream of crab soup was divine and the crab cakes were still the best I've ever had. We even got a table in the very corner of the restaurant, completely alone, so I didn't have to wear my mask the whole time! I'll post pics of my crab cakes later - I have to upload those pics, too.
So I've had an amazing weekend and I've seen some amazing friends, it feels so good be with friends again. I know I had a "no visitor" policy last time, but I promise to be lenient this time around because I want everyone to come see me (when I feel well, obviously).
Tomorrow it's more Hopkins stuff, an early CT scan, blood tests, platelets, and we're signing the consent forms with one of the doctors for my clinical trial transplant. Other than that, I just need to enjoy the time I have this week before I go "back in" on May 7th. It's going to be SO WEIRD to check-in that day! AAAAHHHH! Weird.
So that was a happy post. I'm trying! I'm really trying to stay positive!
Today the weather outside was BLECH and pouring rain, but we decided to suck it up and drive the 70 miles to Kent Narrows on the Eastern Shore for crab cakes. The drive sucked, but the cream of crab soup was divine and the crab cakes were still the best I've ever had. We even got a table in the very corner of the restaurant, completely alone, so I didn't have to wear my mask the whole time! I'll post pics of my crab cakes later - I have to upload those pics, too.
So I've had an amazing weekend and I've seen some amazing friends, it feels so good be with friends again. I know I had a "no visitor" policy last time, but I promise to be lenient this time around because I want everyone to come see me (when I feel well, obviously).
Tomorrow it's more Hopkins stuff, an early CT scan, blood tests, platelets, and we're signing the consent forms with one of the doctors for my clinical trial transplant. Other than that, I just need to enjoy the time I have this week before I go "back in" on May 7th. It's going to be SO WEIRD to check-in that day! AAAAHHHH! Weird.
So that was a happy post. I'm trying! I'm really trying to stay positive!


So glad you had this great weekend "off", Jess.
ReplyDeleteThinking and feeling positive is the only way to go into this next few weeks.
Sending you lots of love and good wishes -
Cousin Marsh
So happy to hear you had a fun weekend with friends and that you still have some more time to enjoy at home!! We're thinking about you here in SB even though we can't come visit:-)
ReplyDeleteWe love you so much, Jess and I was so so so happy to see you! Can't wait to visit you when you feel well!
ReplyDeleteIt's Cinco De Mayo out here and you're talking crab cakes. I don't think that we ever get real crab cakes... or that clam chowder I tried to wrangle. But we do get sun. Happy to see your positive style! Amazing things do happen when we are all positive. Accept nothing less.
ReplyDeleteMuch love from us all.
---Cousin John[ny]