Wednesday, May 13, 2009

If it's not one thing it's another!

So today I feel great - except for the huge catheter. :( I debated on whether or not to post this, because it's just plain gross, but yeah, I have a catheter. As in, I'm hooked up to a pipe and bag. It's NOT fun. I'm having bladder spasms or something - let's just say it's not a good time. Imagine this scenario:

You're out with friends, drinking (water, beer, whatever). You have about, oh, 6 pints of liquid. And you don't go to the bathroom, not even once. So it's time to leave, and you have a long ride home, and your driver refuses to pull over. The ride is interminably long - it takes a whole day - and you have to hold it in the entire time. That's what I feel like right now. It sucks!

I'm really hoping this is all taken care of by tomorrow. They're/we're not even sure what's causing all this drama, and they keep medicating me with various things that don't seem to work very well. So in the meantime I just lay here waiting for nature to take its course. And take its course...again and again and again. Blah.

Otherwise I feel great - which is even more frustrating! It's my "day off" today, so I was planning lots of walking and exercise, and the most I've been able to do is a few laps around 5B. The whole things blows. I may be blowing it out of proportion, but really, using the bathroom is a privilege I'm used to having, and when that option is taken away, I get angry. VERY angry and antsy!

So in other news, things look on track for tomorrow. They said the marrow may arrive very late at night, like around midnight tomorrow night. And the bag of marrow just gets hung on my pole and they let gravity do its thing - no pumps, just the bag and a tube that goes directly into my Hickman. I'm very excited. Hopefully this is the beginning of the beginning for me - the beginning of a new, healthy life. I know there are speed bumps up ahead (mucositis, nausea, fatigue, etc.) and I'm not looking forward to them, but they will pass. I have to remind myself of that - because it's not pretty - but it'll pass.

So that's all for today. Not too pleasant, sorry for the gross visual. I'm going to go eat my turkey burger from Flamers (can you believe that's actually the name of the store?!) and sit funny on the chair.

XO!

9 comments:

  1. This is not pleasant today but it will pass just like all of the rest of the speed bumps that you will come across. The important thing is that you are getting the healthy bone marrow tomorrow.
    I am so excited for you finally getting this chance to restart your normal, happy, HEALTHY life!
    Love You
    Cousin Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to wish you an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so excited for tomorrow. I'm so proud of you. This whole ordeal sucks, but you've kept such an amazing attitude. Tomorrow is going to be the best day ever (even if it doesn't feel like it)! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not fun. Hopefully the catheter will come out soon. Keep picturing those blasts getting blasted. You might want to think of a new visual for the marrow transplant... Hang in there.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last comment was actually from me. Evidently Kristen (my daughter) was signed on the computer when I sent it!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same problem when I had a catheter when I had jaw surgery (in Santa Barbara). Apparently it happens quite frequently and it feels like you have to go, but you obviously don't. I hope you feel better - and good luck with your transplant tomorrow. Thinking about you lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright! It's May 14th! Soak up that marrow today (and please post a picture!). Thinking only of you.
    Love,
    ---Cousin John[ny]

    ReplyDelete
  7. And another thing. I saw my first Kia Soul parked at work today. I 'cased' it like a petty thief. And...... No hamsters!
    ---Cousin John[ny]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for healthy bone marrow! I hope morning brings relief from the whole catheter business, and that the marrow works wonders. You're in my thoughts! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jess,

    remember that it is okay to feel grumpy/pissed off about all the little stupid things that go along with this situation. It will all be good in the long run, no doubt about it. I am sending you all the positive thoughts and support that I can from Munich (and more chocolate if you desire so). You can do it!

    Lots of love,
    Surrogate

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.