I've decided that if anything, I'm going to be more Jewish when I come out of here than I was going in - I've already had 2 Jewish "visits" - one from a rabbi and one from Rachel from the Bikur Cholim ("visiting the sick") peeps. Rachel brought me grape juice and challah!

Luckily Em W. will be here this week so we can do something JEWISH with it. Rachel also brought me a little drawing from one of the children at the Bais Yaakov School for Girls in Baltimore. A little girl named Tova did it - how cute is it? I have it on my wall:


One more pic - a view of my bed. I have my own sheets and blankets (like last time), everyone keeps telling me how "cozy" it looks:


You can't really tell from that picture, but I have pink flowered sheets on the bed with a white thermal blanket, then a fluffy, fuzzy throw on top. It's quite comfortable, I must say. Not much else to divulge for today - I feel great, Gus is here and we had lunch together (total junk food fest, I'm really bad) and we're going to spend the afternoon together, and then a visit from a friend later in the evening. My mouth feels a bit fuzzy, but otherwise I feel really good. Which is a weird feeling, because I'm in the hospital. Whatevs! It's just a temporary stay. :)

Wow! All this good stuff happens after I leave town. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to make the Tribble squeal at me. Junk food? Gus ate Junk Food? Jess ate Junk food? Everything happens after the Dad leaves! Zie Gezunt!
ReplyDeleteNooooooooo.... I got you a Tribble too!!! I just couldn't figure out how to get it to you. Damn it! Strangly enough its also gray even though they say they send out random colors... hmmmm.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're feeling great!
ReplyDeleteLove Ya
We're so glad you liked the Tribble! They are awfully cute. So, you guys are Klingons, huh? Maybe this particular Tribble is just really confused. Or maybe part of your genetics will someday somehow find their way into Klingon genes and the Tribble can somehow sense it. Who knows . . . Too bad we don't know Spock personally; I'm sure he'd be able to deduce a logical explanation for it. :)
ReplyDelete<3, Emma (& David)
Hey Jess,
ReplyDeletejust a quick reminder that the way you are dealing with your ordeal/situation is awesome and I am glad that things seem to be progressing pretty well. Good that you are surrounded by so many amazing people who get to visit you and keep your spirits high. Still thinking of you.
Tribbles are always right, so you must be Klingon, which is good, since they are quite the warriors (as are you). So I am going to sign off by wishing you "Qaplah!" (Klingon for "Success!").
Love,
Surrogate