| Hopefully this works - Gus sent me a link to these videos, and I think they're so cool- these are videos of neutrophils! I've never seen a neutrophil in action before - they're fast and they look kinda mean. LOVE IT! I think if you click on the image, you'll be linked to the wikipedia page and then you click again and the video starts playing. At least that worked for me. A rapidly moving neutrophil can be seen taking up several conidia over an imaging time of 2 h with one frame every 30 s |
| A neutrophil can be seen here selectively taking up several Candida yeasts (fluorescently labeled in green) despite several contacts with Aspergillus fumigatus conidia (unlabeled, white/clear) in a 3-D collagen matrix. Imaging time was 2 h with an interval of 30 s after every frame |

ok....I'm really glad that that was not in real time because those neutrophils looked like cookie monster! Nom nom nom! That was really cool though!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the BMT. It's clear that you're very special, just look at all the postings. I'm jealous about the purple gloves! And the crab cakes offered from my sister. And the clam chowder from my brother. (I'm still waiting for their food packages.) Keep smiling - wonderful medicine for all.
ReplyDeleteLove,
---Cousin John[ny]
CLEARLY!!! You have way too much time on your hands!!! :O)
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Chris - All I've got is time! LOL But you have to admit, those are cute neutrophils.
ReplyDelete