Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Runnin' away with me......



Today I visited Imagination Stage for the first time since early February (hence the cheesy Temptations video I posted above). I knew I was going to be a wreck on my first time back, so I coordinated with Julia so she could be there for moral support and I could also see the dress rehearsal of the show she's directing. So I get there and it's really early (for ISI), and I go upstairs to see if she's at her desk, and there's basically no one there (that I recognized, which was weird in itself). And then I saw Ronni - and I totally started crying. I knew I would, so I wasn't shocked or anything, but it was just so emotional being back there. Katherine was unfortunately out, but I got to see Emily V. and Evan and a few other ISIers. The costume shop looked so different - it's weird to walk in and see the makings of a show in there that I have no part in. I know some people love their jobs, but I loved my job. I loved my boss(es), my coworkers, the theatre itself, the vibe, our mission, everything. It's heartbreaking to go back now and not be able to jump right back in - I can't even hang in the shop for too long (or walk through the scene shop, or go into the storage rooms) because of the dust. Emily is awesome and I know I'll be contributing again as soon as I'm able - but I want to just walk into the shop, throw down my stuff, and stay a while. So it was an amazing visit, happy and sad all at the same time.

I also met with Jillian from LLS for lunch which was awesome (and fun). I have so many new ideas for raising $$$ for our Imagination Domination Light the Night team, and we're totally going to reach or exceed our goal of raising $5,000! Stay tuned for updates.

In other news, no news, as usual. I feel fantastic - I basically feel 100%. Of course there are little quirks I have now that I didn't have before - and I have to be super careful not to get sick or induce GVHD - but for the most part I feel "me" again. On that note, here are some new pics - just stuff, nothing too exciting.

Today I saw this while I was walking on Norfolk Ave. in Bethesda - I was so excited! Lights out INDEED!





And maybe it's just me, but I found this a bit shocking. This pic was taken at Whole Foods, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised - but I ask of you, what's the most you've ever paid for mayonnaise? A few dollars? I realize it's organic, but isn't $9 mayonnaise kinda pushing it?





And here's a mini Toblerone - just for the cute factor. It's so tiny - that's a quarter next to the chocolate, for size reference. :)





And lastly, a better pic (better lighting) of me with hair!





I guess that's it for the time being. Obviously I'm ecstatic that I have nothing dramatic to post on my blog these days, and I hopefully never will ever again, but I'm not sure what direction to take the blog in since I'm planning on the rest of my life being as uneventful as the first 28 years were! I've had enough drama in the past 6 months to last a lifetime - I think I'm at capacity.

2 comments:

  1. you look adorable with the short hair! i still have awhile before mine's going to grow back, so i'm jealous!

    i also love your blog... it reminds me of what i'm trying to do with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well. It makes me do happy to know that you are through all this. I know in my heart that you will be healed forever. I just know it. I love reading all your posts. I look forward to looking everyday to see if there is more to read. :-) I also think you look amazing with your hair growing back. You really do look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.