Tuesday, August 18, 2009
I'M A GIRL!!!
Dr. Levis looked up my records for me today - I still have all XX chromosomes! I'm a girl! He also thinks my donor was young (based on the cell volume or percentage or something, I missed the details on this part). When I mentioned that the donor was also really flexible with the dates (they changed the transplant date twice, I believe), he said, "Oh, she must be unemployed, too!" Whoever/whatever/wherever she is, she's amazing.
So my donor was a young woman from a faraway land. That's all I know. At the one year mark, I believe I can request to be put in touch with my donor - I think I have to put in a request with the NMDP, and then they in turn contact the donor, and the donor decides whether or not she wants to be contacted by me. So I don't have much control over the situation. But I'm hopeful - I can't imagine what a Kleenex-fest that meeting would be. YIKES!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Just think how much more kleenex would be used if your mother was there if you and your donor connected!
ReplyDelete