My lobster:

Our caprese salad - Gus and I are making this again for dinner tonight.


The carrot cake - with cream cheese frosting, of course. I put little bitty sugar carrots on the cake, I thought they were kinda kitschy and cute.


A slice of the carrot cake - I went with layers for a higher cake-to-frosting ratio.


And lastly, here's the carnage left over from our feast!


Jennifer took some pictures, so I'll post those when I get them. But we had a fantastic time and I'm thinking Lobster Fest should become an annual event. :)
In other news - I'm still planning our Italy trip, but now it's morphed into an Italian/German/Austrian vacation. I'm thinking we'll start in Amalfi (by way of Naples), then go to Tuscany (stay in the countryside, and maybe see Siena), then hit-up Venice. From Venice, we were considering driving through Verona and Innsbruck (Austria), possibly staying a night in Innsbruck, and then driving the rest of the way to Felix's place in Munich. I want to do this in April, before my 1 year bone marrow biopsy. You know. Just in case. But I haven't okayed this with Dr. Smith yet, so I guess we'll see what I'm actually allowed to do. I'm a little leery to travel internationally without any vaccinations- I won't get any vaccinations until my 1 year mark next May, and even then Gus said the vaccinations take a little bit of time to "kick in". So I guess we'll see. And for some reason, flights are prohibitively expensive at the moment - we're talking upwards of $1,000 per person - and since we wouldn't be buying round trip tickets (one-way to Naples, and then one-way home from Munich), it seems to just increase the cost of the flight. Grrrr. I really need a vacation!!
In other news - I'm still planning our Italy trip, but now it's morphed into an Italian/German/Austrian vacation. I'm thinking we'll start in Amalfi (by way of Naples), then go to Tuscany (stay in the countryside, and maybe see Siena), then hit-up Venice. From Venice, we were considering driving through Verona and Innsbruck (Austria), possibly staying a night in Innsbruck, and then driving the rest of the way to Felix's place in Munich. I want to do this in April, before my 1 year bone marrow biopsy. You know. Just in case. But I haven't okayed this with Dr. Smith yet, so I guess we'll see what I'm actually allowed to do. I'm a little leery to travel internationally without any vaccinations- I won't get any vaccinations until my 1 year mark next May, and even then Gus said the vaccinations take a little bit of time to "kick in". So I guess we'll see. And for some reason, flights are prohibitively expensive at the moment - we're talking upwards of $1,000 per person - and since we wouldn't be buying round trip tickets (one-way to Naples, and then one-way home from Munich), it seems to just increase the cost of the flight. Grrrr. I really need a vacation!!

your meal looks amazing!
ReplyDeletei don't know when you're planning on going to europe, but DEFINITELY see siena... i lived in arezzo last summer (about an hour south of florence) and went to siena for a weekend - completely worth it, but VERY HOT! also try to see venice. i went on another weekend trip, and it was so beautiful...
i've been going with the olive oil & noodles a lot, as well... i've found it's especially good for soothing mouth sores :-)
This looks like it was the perfect celebration for your 3 month birthday!
ReplyDelete