Tuesday, July 28, 2009

getting out

So we've been trying to walk at least 5 days a week, just around the neighborhood, but enough so that I can get stronger and exercise my lungs a bit. Yesterday we decided to walk around the lake across the street, and I think the whole trip is about 2 miles, but there were HILLS! I'm able to walk pretty quickly, but those hills were killer. And it was super humid, so that makes it even worse. BUT the walk was so beautiful, it's hard to believe that this is across the street from our condo. Here are some photos from the walk around the lake:










And here's a pic of this dragonfly that was following us for a bit, his wings were transparent with black tips:



Don't get me wrong - I can't stand living in Germantown and we'd move in a heartbeat - but I do have to admit it's kind of nice to have this in our neighborhood.

And just because it's exciting, here's a pic of my Hickman scar as of this morning - all you can see are the teensy pink dots, one up by my collarbone and that little dimple lower down on my chest. That's all that's left! The red mark to the right of the Hickman scar (my right, but it's to the left if you're looking at the pic) is where my skin peeled off from the stupid Tegaderm dressing, but it's almost fully healed.

5 comments:

  1. That's lovely! And you can't even see the light's of a Target sign through the trees. :p The only thing I miss about G-burg was that I had a really nice park to walk Max in right near my house. Here in Bethesda we have private golf courses instead of parks.

    You should look at some of the little houses for rent here when your lease in G-town is up. I think you'd like it here. My commute to work in G-burg isn't bad at all. It's well worth it to be near a metro stop and shops and restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I never knew Germantown was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val - LOL re: Target! We'd LOVE to live down near you - it'd be an ideal area for us. If you see anything come up for rent, definitely let me know!

    Sarah - There are some really beautiful parks and lakes up here, you just have to look past the horrible strip malls full of Applebees restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will Do! The little houses here are coming up for rent all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking in.
    How about stopping out west and cooking for us?
    Happy to hear and see all the great news!
    Love,
    ---cousin john[ny]

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.