Saturday, July 11, 2009

some happiness

I forgot to post this earlier - this is from the 4th of July, the first holiday I've celebrated since New Year's Eve!



We celebrated at Jennifer and Matt's place - All American FEAST! We had burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, 4 different kinds of pickles (seriously, look at all the pickles on the table), corn on the cob, chips, and blueberry crisp with vanilla ice cream. Then we sacked out on the couch and watched the fireworks on the Mall and then the New York fireworks (which was seriously the longest set of fireworks I've ever seen). It was so, so perfect. I look all hunch-back-y in the photo, but you can see some darkness on my big ol' bald head - my hair is growing back, pretty quickly! Unfortunately Jennifer's not in the photo. :( Which just means we'll have to party again and make sure she gets into the pic. :)

Just a dose of happiness - it was the best 4th of July I've ever had.

3 comments:

  1. where ever did you get that cute shirt? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe about the pickles. Figures that we'd all like different kind and I'd be armed and ready. Total pickle whore. You looked beautiful and it was such a fun 4th with you guys. Oh I forgot to mention. The next day I called Matt at work and asked him to pick up some Gifford's vanilla for you leftover delicious crisp. There was a loooooong pause, then he told me he ate it all.... for breakfast. Bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mar - I have no idea! ;)

    J - OMG, seriously? He ate it all for breakfast?! I love it! We made more 2 days ago - it's so good, I just needed MORE.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.