Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hurry up and wait....

So I'm home, enjoying myself, attempting to reintroduce some normalcy to our lives, and I've got this THING weighing over my head. My 60 day biopsy is coming up, I think a week from Thursday (on or around July 9th). No matter what I do, I can't stop thinking about it. It's like I've got this little devil on my shoulder whispering horrible things in my ear. I want it to STOP! And of course waiting 6 days for the test results is going to be agonizing. I just want good news - I got bad news last time, I really need good news this time. So I've been a wee bit grumpy the last few days, just because I can't take my mind off of it. I've scheduled fun dates with friends, and I know that seeing my friends always helps me tremendously, so hopefully that will get my mind off of things for a while.

But I have amazing news!

I get to sleep with the kitties again!!!!!

Up until now I've had to sleep on the futon in the guest bedroom with the door shut - in a kitty-free zone. But my NP gave me the go-ahead today to sleep with the babies. This will be my first night in my own bed since February 19th. Unfortunately, the futon is way more comfortable than our bed, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make! I also found out today that I can eat feta cheese, and that's a definite plus.

Nothing has given me cause to worry, nothing has indicated that my results should be anything other than good - but as I've learned in the past 4 months, YOU NEVER KNOW. So I'm going to attempt to push the test to the back of my mind until next week and just enjoy being home with the kids. Okay, even as I typed that I know it won't happen. GEEEEZE! What can I say? I'm a plan-ahead type girl.

One last thought. I've made some connections recently with other "cancer folk" and while it does make things all the more real for me, it's really comforting to be around others who know what you're going through. It's a club I never wanted to be a member of; unfortunately, once you enter the "cancer club" you never leave. It's like a long-term Bally's membership - you're in it for life. I just hope that once my ordeal is over with that I can do something positive and productive for the other members, so I can help someone the way others have helped me.

On that note, I'm off to bed! Very exciting. Fitzy is going to be so excited to have his mama back in bed again!!

2 comments:

  1. Voices in your head? If you would like to drown them out, and get your mind off things, you know you're always welcome to borrow however many of mine that you would like! :) Great news about the kitties, you'll have to get some extra snorgling in for aunt wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess -so glad to see you home and getting back to some normalcy. Hug the kitties tight for me.

    I have had a bit of experience with a club I didn't want to join either, but am in for life. The interaction with others who have "been there, done that" becomes a lifeline, where you are both a leader and a follower. But, it is a lifeline.

    Thinking of you, as always.

    Aunt Myra

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.