So I'm in family housing with KK, and today was my first IPOP visit. It was really uneventful - they took me off of all my IV drugs, so I don't have any scheduled daily treatments. I go in, get blood taken for labs, then sit and wait for the results. My eyes are still kind of yellow as my liver gets back to normal, so today while we waited for labs they just gave me some fluids and I had a little nap. Really uneventful. I don't think I'll need platelets or red blood cells for a while (I'm above my "goals"), so unless I need potassium or something I guess it'll continue to be dullsville in there. Which is a good thing. Unfortunately today my appointment was for 8:30am, and you all know what a morning person I am - we dragged ourselves over there and were home by like, 11:15am. Which presents us with the problem - how to spend the rest of the day. I'm still neutropenic (barely - they say you're not neutropenic once you have 500 neutrophils and I have 440), so I can't really do anything, but it's irrelevant because I don't feel 100%. I guess that's not surprising, seeing as how I was only born 22 days ago. :) But I'm just kind of lightheaded and get nauseous now and then, so I'm not really up for anything other than hanging around the apartment and the short walk from here to the hospital. But today is seriously dragging ON! I requested a regular 11:30am IPOP appointment - it allows me to sleep in, eat breakfast and relax, and it kind of cuts the day in half so that by the time I get back to the apartment, I only have the late afternoon to kill before bed. So hopefully tomorrow won't drag on as much.
I honestly haven't picked up the computer since I last posted - not sure why, but I'm not in a "computer-y" mood. I haven't been answering emails, so if you've emailed me, I'm a brat and haven't responded yet and may take a while. I just don't want people to worry.
Other than that, no news. Which is good news. My next big test is on day 30, where they'll test to see how much of my donor's blood is in my body. The goal is 100% donor blood - we don't want ANY of mine in there. The worst part is that the test takes a friggin WEEK! So I have to sit and agonize for a week before we'll get the results back, which really sucks. I hate the waiting.
I can have visitors, but the situation is different over here - because I never know how long my IPOP appointment will be, I can only really plan to have people over in the evenings. Because some days I may spend 2 hours in IPOP, and others I'll spend 6 - I have no way of knowing. And they're not enforcing the mask rule because flu season is over, but I am - call it paranoia, but I just don't want to risk anything. So if you come to visit, you get to wear that awesome pink mask.
That's it - I'm doing okay and really glad to be out of "prison" and in family housing, but I'm lacking enthusiasm at the moment. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jessica:
ReplyDeleteI just got back from a trip & checked your blog. Wow- so much has happened this week. Your miraculously quick bounce back in neutrophils is a sure sign that your bmt did its magic. Hooray! I am very, very happy for you.
Sarah T.
So glad you are in family housing now. I have some great photos to show you of my niece and nephews at the wedding I went home to Louisville for. Miss you like bunches. Are you getting my cards?
ReplyDeleteGlad you're in ipop and on the road to being home! Let me know when visits are in order! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHope your days in family housing and IPOP continue to be boring and click by one after another. I'm looking forward to hearing that you're feeling stronger and getting around a bit. I definitely have felt your agony in having to wait days for scan results, let alone a whole week. But you deal with it the way it is, like everything else.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
---Cousin John[ny]