I have a new hair pic - my hair is growing SO fast.

It's starting to kind of curl around my forehead and ears. I can't wait until it's 2" long - I've got some cute pixie cuts in mind.
In other news, we've gone mostly veg in the house (except for some seafood in the freezer and tuna salad), and while I've found some awesome recipes, if anyone has any really good veggie dinner recipes, send them my way. I'm not a huge fan of tofu, but if someone has some out of this world tofu recipe, I'm game to give it a go. I like easy, uncomplicated stuff that I can cook on Sunday night and then we can eat it for 3 more days without having to do anything other than heat up leftovers and make a salad. I have free time - but I'm still lazy. :)
Here are some recent ones I found that I want to try:
In other news, we've gone mostly veg in the house (except for some seafood in the freezer and tuna salad), and while I've found some awesome recipes, if anyone has any really good veggie dinner recipes, send them my way. I'm not a huge fan of tofu, but if someone has some out of this world tofu recipe, I'm game to give it a go. I like easy, uncomplicated stuff that I can cook on Sunday night and then we can eat it for 3 more days without having to do anything other than heat up leftovers and make a salad. I have free time - but I'm still lazy. :)
Here are some recent ones I found that I want to try:
Creamy Spaghetti Squash with Asparagus and Rosemary
Corn and Vegetable Gratin with Cumin
Creamy "Courgette" (aka Zucchini) Lasagna
Zucchini Galette
Potato and Leek Gratin with Cumin
Corn and Vegetable Gratin with Cumin
Creamy "Courgette" (aka Zucchini) Lasagna
Zucchini Galette
Potato and Leek Gratin with Cumin
So send me recipes! This one member on Chowhound told me about these awesome stuffed portabella mushrooms, but she didn't give me her recipe, so if anyone has one, I'd love it. I'm a big fan of eggplant and mushrooms. And zucchini. And summer squash. Not chard, though.
Oooh! And Gus hates cauliflower, but I'm convinced if I make it the "right way" he won't hate it anymore, so if you have a great cauliflower recipe, send that, too.
I'm out!
Oooh! And Gus hates cauliflower, but I'm convinced if I make it the "right way" he won't hate it anymore, so if you have a great cauliflower recipe, send that, too.
I'm out!

On Monday, I made grilled ratatouille. It was awesome! I take it you don't grill, but you could do it in an oven also. The basic idea is to slice up 1 large eggplant, 3 zucchini and/or yellow squash, 2-3 bell peppers (at least one red one, and preferably a yellow one), 1 red or purple onion, toss in olive oil and salt, then grill or roast for 20 minutes until they are crisp-tender. Also roast a whole head of garlic (takes 40 minutes). Then take a dutch oven, add some olive oil to the bottom, add all the veggies and garlic, plus several plum tomatoes, and herbs de provence (though all I had was fresh thyme, basil, and oregano from my garden) and simmer that for about 20 minutes. Stir it up and the tomatoes kind of fall apart into a sauce. Add a little more olive oil and some red wine vinegar, then simmer for another 5 minutes.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I don't have temperatures for the oven cause the recipe was for a grill, but you can look at other recipes to get an idea. You probably want to roast them at maybe 350?
This is probably obvious, but I forgot to say, you gotta remove the garlic cloves from their little jackets before you add them to the pot. To roast, I cut the top off of a whole head, drizzle with olive oil and salt, wrap in foil, and roast for 40 minutes. so you can get that started, the slice up the rest of the veggies while the garlic does its thing for the first 20 minutes.
ReplyDeleteHey Jess,
ReplyDeleteI love your hair, you look amazing.
Love,
Gladys
Aaaarrrrggggghhhh......vegetables.....
ReplyDeleteyum yum yum! You know that I don't really have recipes, but I think that the easiest thing that you can do with tofu (besides dropping it on the floor) to forget that you're eating tofu is crumbling up some cold firm tofu and mixing it with basil pesto, yum yum yum! :) I wonder what Daisy may would think of tofu?
ReplyDeleteOh lord, what did I do.....Daisy MAE, Daisy MAE, not may. I'm such a horrible aunt!
ReplyDeleteVeggie Pasta...easiest veggie dish ever!
ReplyDeleteSaute in a good amount of olive oil...
Green Beans
Squash
Zuchini
Portobello Mushrooms
onion
red pepper
However much of each ingrediant that you would like... heads up, it will take longer to cook through the green beans, squash and zuchini so cook those first.
Boil pasta of your choice... I find Penne works really well...Then mix that with the veggies and a little more olive oil... salt and pepper to taste. I like to add some toasted pine nuts to the mix as well as some olives. You really can add and take away whatever you want. YOu know alan won't eat squash or zuchini... just chop things into roughly the same size.
Serve with big slices of fresh parmesian on top!
~ Julia