First off - Halloween! We didn't get to dress up and go out or party this year, the flu being what it is at the moment. So instead we had brunch with Julia and Alan (and Roscoe) at their place in Arlington, then came home and Gus and I carved pumpkins, ate candy, and watched movies. It was mellow, but fun. Anyway, my pumpkin is the one on the far left - it's a kitty! I printed out a picture of a kitty and then traced it onto the pumpkin and carved - very cool. Gus's pumpkin is on the far right, and the kitties' pumpkin is in the middle. Notice how happy Gus's pumpkin looks:

After a while, Gus took his pumpkin into the kitchen and started carving it again. He decided it wasn't scary enough, so he made him scarier! So take a look at his pumpkin above, and now:




Much scarier! These are unrelated, but autumnal all the same. We drove north of our place to see the pretty leaves on the trees, and stopped at a little stand in the country. They were selling all kinds of gourds, squash, pumpkins, etc. (those probably all fall under one category but I'm not looking it up). They were beautiful. Unfortunately, all we had was a little point-and-shoot camera and the weather was awful, so the pictures aren't as good as Gus would like:






So Sunday night I decided to make us a huge Indian feast, and well, we ended up with pizza (we had the feast the next night), but we saw these items in the Indian market and I was pretty tickled. Who knew?! Pillsbury does Indian food!


Lastly, here are some AWESOME bumper stickers I saw in the Whole Foods parking lot. The owner of the car came out of the store while I was there, and we talked, and she told me how to get the stickers, so if anyone wants one, let me know. I think a few people need them, so I was planning on ordering a batch. :)




HAHAHHAA
ReplyDeleteRoscoe's booty made the blog!