Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Hanukkah!

My chimera and cytogenetics tests came back (actually they came back quite a while ago), and everything is normal! My chimera is still 100% donor blood. Yay!

I haven't been posting because I've been living life as a normal person - what a concept. I've been working from home a bit; we turned the 2nd bedroom into a kind of sewing studio, so now it's easy to work on projects or freelance from home. I've been hanging out with friends, going out to dinner, cooking, etc. On Friday I found myself in Whole Foods around 4pm, and it was quite crowded - and I realized as I was checking out that I was okay with it! It was a weird feeling. I mean, I'm really vigilant about staying away from anyone sniffling, coughing, or sneezing, and obviously I won't be going to any concerts or crowded restaurants any time soon, but I'm okay with being around (some) people again. And I can even eat salads and raw vegetables in restaurants! My doc okayed it - I actually emailed him and asked explicitly whether or not raw veggies at restaurants were allowed, and he said YES! No sushi, no raw eggs, no carpaccio, but a salad with wine poached pears, blue cheese, pecans, and a red wine vinaigrette (what I ate on Friday)? Yes, please!

I'm posting today for 2 reasons - to wish everyone a Happy Hanukkah, and to make sure everyone has the opportunity to see this video, which can make someone smile on even the worst of days:



I mean, seriously?!

3 comments:

  1. how do you find this stuff?
    btw: 23 years ago tomorrow you were our flower girl :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was on cuteoverload.com - total time killer, I can spend hours on that site!

    I remember your wedding so well! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess! Happy Hanukkah. Funny video. I had my transplant on the 8th and feeling good. Just hanging out in IPOP...remember those days :). Glad all is well with you.

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.